Online Certificate in Health Education
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of health educators is expected to grow by 37% from 2010 to 2020. This rate of growth is much faster than the average for all occupations.
The Certificate in Health Education consists of online graduate level coursework designed for a new generation of educators, dietitians, and healthcare professionals.
Whether your goal is to enhance your resume, build your skills, add value to your service with your employer, pursue the national Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) credential, or explore a new career path, the Certificate in Health Education lays the foundation for you to serve the community as a proactive health educator. Courses can be taken individually to enhance professional knowledge, meet national credentialing requirements, or begin a path towards a graduate degree.
- 15-hour graduate certificate. View course list and descriptions.
- Courses (3 credit hours) will be offered during each eight week session. For students who take one course per session, the certificate can be completed in 10 months (completion limit is 3 years).
- For students pursuing the Certificate in Health Education, tuition is $450 per credit hour.
- Individual courses are available, without applying for the certificate, at the standard rate of $618 per credit hour.
- Everyone at Union Institute & University is committed to your success. Union’s faculty are both experienced educators and dedicated practitioners. Students receive the support services from:
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university.
- A letter of recommendation and a short essay (see application for details).
- No GRE scores are required for admission.
Who Should Consider This Certificate Program?
- Public health workers looking to advance their career through part-time graduate studies.
- Business professionals who deal with or in public health systems.
- Health professionals who want to take the first step towards a graduate degree.
- Recent college graduates who seek to enhance their knowledge and expertise in public health.
- Professionals in health fields seeking a national health educator credential.
- Executives who need an informed foundational public health education.
National Commission for Health Education Credential (NCHEC)
Courses are aligned with the NCHEC's Seven Areas of Responsibilities for Health Educators and exam application requirements for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) credential. See www.nchec.org for more information.
For students who wish to apply for the CHES exam, our courses count towards CHES eligibility. Please see NCHEC requirements to check your status and eligibility.
- Apply Online
- Admission occurs on a rolling basis
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
- Fall semester begins September 3, 2013