Transfer Students Certified Learning

College-level learning offered through workshops, seminars, certifications or courses, presented at non-regionally accredited colleges or through professional organizations. 

Frequently Asked Questions

What Paperwork do I Need?

Students must present thorough documentation demonstrating that the learning has been at college level to receive academic credit for this type of learning. Written confirmation by the originating or sponsoring institution (such as transcripts, letters of verification, certificates etc.) must be included. Once an enrollment counselor or program advisor has been notified that you have Certified Learning, they may contact you for follow-up paperwork, if it is required.

When Should I Start the Process?

Please notify your enrollment counselor as soon as possible if you believe you have applicable Certified Learning credit. An enrollment counselor can get the process started for all necessary paperwork. If you have already been admitted to Union, please notify your Program Advisor.

How Much Does it Cost?

A per-credit-hour fee is charged according to the number of credits awarded through this kind of learning. Financial aid is not available for certified learning. For more information visit Tuition & Fees.

Who Evaluates my Credits?

A Union faculty member will evaluate for credit hour acceptance. Evaluation of law enforcement training (e.g. POST, FDLE) beyond the basic course will be evaluated through certified learning on a course-by-course basis.

How Many Credits are Awarded?

Up to 30 certified learning credits may be awarded. These credits are included in the maximum 90 credits accepted in advanced standing in the undergrad program. 60 credits is the maximum number of transfer credits accepted in combination from all non-regionally accredited sources (e.g. Certified Learning, ACE credits, POST, CLEP, DSST, International Baccalaureate). Please check with a Program Advisor for additional sources not listed.