Master of Business Administration Specialization in Organizational Leadership
Union’s MBA with an Organizational Leadership specialization explores the ever-changing global business landscape. Students in this program examine topics such as organizational effectiveness, cross-functional collaboration, corporate social responsibility, organizational behavior, and project management. This MBA program offers opportunities for students to fine-tune their leadership and decision-making skills while gaining a range of skills useful in navigating the complexities of the business world.
What is an MBA?
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is designed to develop knowledge of the business concepts and practices required for careers in business and management. Advanced instruction is delivered across a broad range of business-related disciplines – including accounting, ethics, management, marketing and more. Through case studies and other activities based on real-world business situations, students can develop the critical thinking and strategic decision-making skills required to succeed in today’s complex business environment. The Master of Business Administration is the most sought-after graduate degree among U.S. college students.
- 36 Credit Program
- Full-time & part-time options
- 100% online – no residency
- January, March, May, June, August & October start dates
- Complete your degree in as little as 12 months
- Credit hours in concentration vary
Skills & Benefits Union Students Gain
WHAT CAN I DO WITH this MBA
Union's MBA with an organizational leadership specialization will prepare you for a high-level position in operations management, training and development, and project management. You will learn new management approaches and operational processes by collaborating with fellow students from diverse backgrounds across the country, combined with mentoring from MBA scholar-practitioners who serve as faculty. Through extensive familiarization with organizational behavior and leadership methods, you will be taught the essential elements of being a strategic and thoughtful decision-maker in a modern business environment.
Start Your MBA, No GMAT REQUIRED
Many institutions require MBA applicants to complete the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). At Union, we recognize that the previous education and experience you bring into the MBA program says more about you than a test score. We’re committed to making higher education more accessible to busy adults like you – so no GMAT is required.
- Official transcripts detailing an earned bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business) with a GPA of 3.0 or greater. If conferred GPA is less than 3.0, transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended must be provided.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) in the major field of study and in all subsequent graduate work. An official transcript with the baccalaureate degree noted from the school(s) attended must be sent directly from the undergraduate school to the admission office. Candidates who do not have a 3.0 GPA may be considered for admittance to the program. Such exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis and may require additional coursework.
- Students enrolled in the MBA program will be required to have two (2) foundation courses at the undergraduate level: General Business (BUS 101) and Accounting or Finance (ACC 235 or ACC 236). Students must have passed with a grade of “B” or better. These courses must be passed prior to beginning the MBA graduate courses and are typically part of undergraduate programs in Business. If students do not have their undergraduate degree in Business, they can take these courses with Union prior to starting the MBA program.
- Students with international transcripts are responsible for obtaining an evaluation of their transcripts through an international evaluation service.
- A personal statement of purpose that describes the applicant’s reasons for applying to the MBA program. The statement of purpose should also demonstrate graduate-level writing skills and command of the English language.
- Two letters of recommendation from people who know the applicant academically or professionally and who can speak to their potential to succeed in graduate study.
- An updated resume demonstrating at least three years of work experience (five or more years is preferred).
- English proficiency is required of all applicants whose first language is not English. Most students fulfill the English requirement by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). At both the graduate and undergraduate levels, our TOEFL requirement is 79 on the Internet-based test. See www.ets.org/toefl and myunion.edu/international-students. Students may also demonstrate English proficiency by successfully completing a valid undergraduate or master’s level degree for which the language of instruction was English.
What Makes Our Program Unique?
“Our new MBA program, which allows you to design your own specialization, is truly unique. Students in this program have the ability to select courses from multiple graduate-level programs and create their own specialization. This will allow them to take the classes that interest or benefit them most in their career fields and educational journeys. The MBA is a highly-sought degree that becomes even more valuable when customized to fit your needs.”
Rick Chaffee, Ph.D.
BS Business Management Chair and Interim MBA Chair
Funding Your Future
We strive to make college affordable. Explore your financial aid & scholarship options. See what makes Union the smart choice.