Military at Union
Union Institute & University offers an outstanding educational value for our heroes and their families. Union is proud to be a Yellow Ribbon university, recognized by the Department of Defense for our support of veterans.
Active duty, military spouses and children, and veterans can access a world-class education, at home and abroad. Whether you are looking to start a career, or rise through the civilian ranks, we are here for you every step of the way.
Explore popular programs with our military-connected students:
veterans in union mission
"To recruit, retain, support, graduate, and employ our veterans without the need for you to seek student loans or additional funding that will impede your efforts to transition to civilian life."
Union has been awarded the 2021-2022 Military Friendly® Top 10 Schools and Gold designation. This key designation is based on factors such as academic policies, admission, culture, financial aid & assistance, graduation, military student support, and more. Learn more about our Military Friendly status.
Living Allowance Stipend
Union Institute & University offers a three-term $7,500 living allowance stipend ($2,500 per term) for honorably discharged veterans. The stipend is a subsidy to match the VA MHA received by distance education students. This funding makes the use of VA benefits at Union Institute & University comparable to use at a residential college. The stipend assistance is available for three full-time semesters during the first year of the program.
- Show Chapter 33 or 31 entitlements for VA education benefits, which could be either:
- Proof of their Certificate of Eligibility or a signed Chapter 31 authorization and certification of status form from a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor, or
- This could be the post-9/11 GI Bill.
- Provide VA Form 22-1995 Change of Program or Place of Training if VA education benefits were used at prior colleges or universities.
- Provide a DD Form 214 – Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty culminating in an honorable discharge.
- Provide DD 214 Joint Service transcripts.
- Have expected Family Contribution (EFC range of 0 – 6206 for the school year 2022-23).
- Be admitted and enrolled full-time, based on the program curriculum, in a Union Institute & University degree program and continue enrollment throughout the degree completion.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (2.0 for undergrad and 3.0 for grad).
Supporting Your Educational Goals
We strive to provide every Veteran with a positive and rich environment for advancing their education. We understand the unique needs of our Veteran students and the balance between school and civilian life. That’s why we provide exceptional one-to-one guidance and various financial services just for you.
We have partnered with the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Air University and the CCAF General Education Mobile (GEM) Program to provide a pathway to a Bachelor’s degree.