Veterans in Union
At Union Institute & University, we offer outstanding educational value for our heroes. We are proud to be a Yellow Ribbon university, recognized by the Department of Defense for our support of veterans. Whether you are looking to start a career, or rise through the civilian ranks, we are here for you every step of the way.
Explore popular programs with our military-connected students:
veterans in union mission
"To recruit, retain, support, graduate, and employ our veterans without the need for you to seek student loans or additional funding that will impede your efforts to transition to civilian life."
Union has been awarded the 2021-2022 Military Friendly® Top 10 Schools and Gold designation. This key designation is based on factors such as academic policies, admission, culture, financial aid & assistance, graduation, military student support, and more. Learn more about our Military Friendly status.
Living Allowance Stipend
Union Institute & University offers a three-term $7,500 living allowance stipend ($2,500 per term) for honorably discharged veterans. The stipend is a subsidy to match the VA MHA received by distance education students. This funding makes the use of VA benefits at Union Institute & University comparable to use at a residential college. The stipend assistance is available for three full-time semesters during the first year of the program.
- Have Chapter 33 or 31 entitlements for VA education benefits and to be able to provide a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility when they apply and are approved for VA educational benefits, or have a signed Chapter 31 authorization and certification of status form from a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor.
- Provide VA Form 22-1995 Change of Program or Place of Training if VA education benefits were used at prior colleges or universities.
- Provide a DD Form 214 – Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty culminating in an honorable discharge.
- Have expected Family Contribution ( EFC range of 0 – 5198).
- Be admitted and enrolled full-time, based on program curriculum, in a Union Institute & University degree program and continue enrollment throughout the degree completion.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (2.0 for undergrad and 3.0 for grad).
Supporting Your Educational Goals
We strive to provide every Veteran with a positive and rich environment for advancing their education. We understand the unique needs of our Veteran students and the balance between school and civilian life. That’s why we provide exceptional one-to-one guidance and various financial services just for you.
We have partnered with the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) Air University and the CCAF General Education Mobile (GEM) Program to provide a pathway to a Bachelor’s degree.