Certificate Health Education
Union’s Graduate Certificate in Health Education is designed to help you better serve the community as a health educator. We are one of the few universities in the country that incorporate online learning with what’s trending in the field. Learn at your own pace while staying current on the latest developments in the health industry.
Skills & Benefits for our Certificate Graduates
- 15 total credit hours
- Completed within two 16-week terms (3-year max.)
- January, May and August start dates
- Transfer 12 earned credits to our Master of Arts program
- HEC 501- Foundations of Health Education
- HEC 502 Health Behavior- Theory and Applied Methodology
- HEC 503- Health Promotion Program Planning and Development
- HEC 504- Implementation, Promotion and Evaluation of Health Programs
- HEC 505- Health Education Resource Development, Grant Writing, and Fundraising
- HEC 506- Multi-Cultural Competence in Health Education and Promotion
- HEC 507- Nutrition in Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
- HEC 508- Applied Epidemiology in Health Education
- HEC 509- Readings in Health Education/Health Promotion
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university
- Letter of recommendation and a short essay
- No GRE scores are required for admission
Students who wish to prepare for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) credential exam have the option to complete up to 25 semester hours total in health education through Union. These hours are designed to meet the requirements needed to sit for the CHES exam. For more details on the CHES exam, please review the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC).
Download Our Guide to Union's Gainful Employment
See quick answers to your questions on Cost, Financing & your Success!
Funding Your Future
Explore your financial aid & scholarship options. We strive to make college affordable. See what makes Union the best value.