Certificate Cannabis Studies
State laws on the use of cannabis (marijuana) are rapidly changing in the U.S. As the trend toward legalization continues, there’s a growing need for expertise related to cannabis – including public policy, medical uses, agricultural methods, scientific study, business, finance, law and criminal justice. This 12-credit certificate provides a graduate-level overview of practical, everyday issues and scholarly literature related to cannabis. After completing the certificate, students may continue their study by transferring all 12 credits to the MA Program for further independent research.
- 12 semester credit hours available
- 4 courses – 100% online
- January, March, May, June, August & October start dates
- Complete your certificate in 8 months
- CANS 501- Cannabis Law and Policy
- CANS 502- Cannabis Science and Medicine
- CANS 503- Cannabis Agriculture
- CANS 504- Cannabis Business and Finance
- Completion of a regionally accredited baccalaureate degree.
- A GPA of 3.0 in your most recent completed degree.
- A short written essay about your interest or experience in the cannabis industry.
- Competence in written communication skills.
- English proficiency is required of all applicants whose first language is not English.
Funding Your Future
Explore your financial aid and scholarship options. We strive to make college affordable. See what makes Union the best value.