Admissions International Students

With Union Institute & University, you don’t have to worry about the difference in time zones. As an international student, you will have the flexibility to learn wherever and whenever it’s most convenient to you. Union accepts international baccalaureate (IB) credits, and you may also be able to receive college credit for knowledge you have acquired through prior coursework, internships, on-the-job training, and more. We offer a world-class faculty, access to an online library 24/7, small class sizes, and writing assistance.

View the Union Institute & University International Student Handbook to find answers to your questions on transcripts, immigration issues, U.S. visits, and more.

Union Institute & University has a unique partnership with the Council of Community Colleges of Jamaica to offer a flexible and affordable degree pathway for students interested in Criminal Justice Management or Business Management.

International Degree Programs

Degree programs open to international applicants with no travel to the U.S. required:

Degree programs open to international applicants with travel to the U.S. required:

Transcript Evaluations

If you wish to transfer coursework completed outside the U.S., you must have your transcript evaluated. Evaluations must be done by a member of the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) or the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Fees may range from approximately $150 to $280, based on the type of evaluation requested (high school, bachelor’s, master’s, etc.). The process typically takes two to four weeks. Additional fees apply for faster service and multiple copies. Visit the AICE or NACES website for a complete list of member organizations, or choose from one of the recognized services below.

Center for Applied Research Evaluation & Education, Inc.
PO Box 18358
Anaheim, CA 92817
Phone: (714) 237-9272
Fax: (714) 237-9279

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Ave.
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
PO Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Phone: (414) 298-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411

World Educational Services, Inc.
PO Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 219-7330
Fax: (212) 739-6151

English Proficiency Requirement

Union requires English proficiency for all applicants whose native language is not English. You may fulfill the English requirement by taking any of the options listed below. You may also complete one full academic year of study at a U.S. high school or college/university to meet the requirement. At the graduate level, applicants with degrees (e.g., a bachelor’s or master’s) earned in English from accredited universities in the U.S., Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, or other English-speaking countries meet the English proficiency requirement.

Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL® iBT)

Requires a score of at least 79
TOEFL code: 4525