Bachelor of Science Emergency Services Management
- 120 Credit Hours Program (minimum)
- Full-time & part-time options
- Classes start every 8 weeks!
- Up to 90 semester hours in transfer credits
- ESM 320- Critical Incident Management and Response
- ESM 401- Fiscal Management for Emergency Services Administrations
- ESM 403- Emergency Services Administration
- ESM 405- Legal, Economic, and Ethical Issues in Emergency Services
- ESM 440- Homeland Security
- ESM 100/200/300/400- Independent Studies
- ESM 190/290/390/490- Special Topics
- ESM 321- Incident Command Systems
- ESM 406- Social Dimensions of Disaster
- ESM 410- Contemporary Issues in Emergency Services
- ESM 412- Natural Disasters and Defense Planning
- ESM 422- Terrorism and Extremism
- ESM 444- Weapons of Mass Destruction: Forms and History
- PSY 402- Organizational Psychology
Applying Your Degree to Real World Experience
Union’s Emergency Services Management program prepares graduates for careers in emergency services industries where a high level of understanding in organizational dynamics and interpersonal skills are required. Graduates of the program will be able to solve administrative problems, fine-tune strategic plans, enhance human resource potential, increase productivity and address internal organizational issues.
- Police Officer
- Emergency Management Director
- Fish and Game Warden
- Employment with Federal Agencies such as FBI, Homeland Security, Federal Air Marshal and U.S. Border Patrol
What Makes Our Program Unique?
"The program's instructors are all experienced practitioners in Emergency Services. They offer real-life management experience to our students, thus preparing them for advancement in their chosen careers."
Paul Brugman, M.S.
Criminal Justice Management Chair
At Union, we know your field work has taught you things that can’t be learned in a classroom. That’s why our credit transfer policy recognizes your previous training and experience. Transfer semester credits from your police, firefighter or paramedic training certificates. You can also transfer additional training beyond the academy using Union’s certified learning method (with a maximum of 60 credit hours for training). Our generous transfer credit for service is just one of the ways Union is built for you.
Skills & Benefits Union Students Gain
“Union’s degree program is flexible and online. The professors provide a class syllabus with assignments and due dates - that was invaluable. I always know week to week what is expected of me.”
Engineer, Vacaville Fire Department
Funding Your Future
We strive to make college affordable. Explore your financial aid & scholarship options. See what makes Union the smart choice.