Certificate Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counseling
Union Institute & University’s certificate in Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counseling is a graduate certificate offered as a stand-alone program, or it can be embedded in the Masters of Arts program with a major in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. It is designed to train and prepare professionals for a career in counseling individuals with substance use and abuse problems. The program provides required courses and 270 educational hours to meet licensing or certification criteria in many states. You should check with your home state as to specific laws and requirements. At Union, we know timing and preparation go hand-in-hand. That’s why our Alcohol & Drug Abuse certificate can be completed in just one year, and 100% online!
Certification & Licensure for our graduates
Union’s Alcohol & Drug Abuse graduates may be eligible to apply for licensure or certification in the above states. Completion of this certificate meets the educational requirements for application for certification and/or licensure as an alcohol and drug counselor in many states which have such certification or licensure. Students should contact their state board to verify their home state specific requirements.
- 270 Educational Hours Available
- 6 Completely Online Courses
- January, May, and August start dates
- Complete your degree in as little as 12 months.
- ADC 501- Counseling Theory and Practice
- ADC 507- Group Work and Therapy
- ADC 512- Psychopharmacology for Mental Health and Addictive Disorders
- ADC 518- Substance Abuse & Addictive Disorders
- ADC 530- Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning of Addictive Disorders
- ADC 520- Substance Abuse Counseling with Addicted Populations
- Requires 3 elective courses within the certificate program, along with 3 required courses
- 18 graduate credit hours (6 courses)
Funding Your Future
Explore your financial aid and scholarship options. We strive to make college affordable. See what makes Union the best value.