Certificate Literature & Writing
This certificate offers students an intensive study in a variety of literature in English. Explore how literature intersects with contemporary historical and cultural forces. You will also have opportunities to examine literary theory as it relates to your area of interest as part of this certificate.
- 18 credits taught in 16-week terms
- Complete in 8 months (full-time) or one year (part-time)
- January, May and August start dates
- LITW 525/526 - Applications I and II
- LITW 512/513 - Disciplinary Foundations I and II
- LITW 521/522 - Field of Study I and II
- A graduate degree (this requirement can be waived in specific circumstances)
- A personal essay explaining why the certificate is sought
- Transcripts from prior college and graduate work, with a GPA of at least 3.0
- One letter of reference that speaks to the applicant’s academic abilities
Download our Guide to Union's Gainful Employment
See quick answers to your questions on Cost, Financing & your Success!