Certificate Social Justice
Learn how to address social issues as an effective leader. This certificate can help you gain a better understanding of conflict within public, private and nonprofit institutions. You can learn about the formulation of public policy, gain historical and cultural perspectives on social movements and examine the role of leadership in creating or facilitating change.
- 18 credits taught in 16-week terms
- Complete in 8 months (full-time) or one year (part-time)
- January, May and August start dates
- LPPS 525/526 - Applications I and II
- LPPS 512/513 - Disciplinary Foundations I and II
- LPPS 521/522 - Field of Study I and II
- A graduate degree (this requirement can be waived in specific circumstances)
- A personal essay explaining why the certificate is sought
- Transcripts from prior college and graduate work, with a GPA of at least 3.0
- One letter of reference that speaks to the applicant’s academic abilities
Download our Guide to Union's Gainful Employment
See quick answers to your questions on Cost, Financing, & your Success!