At Union, we realize that navigating the education benefits available for veterans can be a challenging process. That’s why we connect you with your state veteran’s representative to personally assist you in navigating the benefits system you have earned by serving in the armed forces. The Department of Veterans Affairs also offers a wealth of information and in addition, each state has a veteran’s affairs office as well.
We Make Your VA Benefits Simple
Step 1: Apply for your VA benefits
- Apply for your Veteran’s education benefits online at www.ebenefits.va.gov.
- If you have never used your GI Bill® benefits before, apply using Form 22-1990.
- If you have used your GI Bill® before, complete Form 22-1995 – Request for Change of Program or Place of Training.
- After submitting the form electronically, you will get a confirmation message. You can print this for your records.
- You will get a Certificate of Eligibility (COE), or award letter, in the mail if your application is approved. If your application was not approved you will get a denial letter.
- It takes an average of 30 days for the VA to process your application.
Step 2: Send Your Documentation to Union
- Scan a copy of your DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility (for discharged veterans), and email to the School Certifying Official, email@example.com
- If you are Active Duty, Reservist, or National Guard, submit a copy of your most current last earning statement.
- Union will process enrollment certification after verifying eligibility information and registration for the current term. Note: Only the Veterans Administration can determine your benefits eligibility.
Certification Request Form
Before we can certify you for VA benefits, you must complete Union's Certification Request Form. This form is available on CampusWeb under eForms. The form must be completed and submitted one month prior to the beginning of each term and will be processed in the order they are received. You must submit a new form every term you are utilizing your VA benefits. If you need to make changes to the form after submission, contact Angela Byles, School Certifying Official.