Master's Design your own MBA
This highly unique MBA program is designed to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge they need to lead and succeed in a variety of professions, industries and organizations. You will have the opportunity to select three courses from any of the master-level courses that Union offers (approval of the graduate director and MBA director required). Your success coach will work with you on creating your own specialization and selecting courses.
- 36 credit hour program
- Full & part-time options
- 100% online – no residency
- January, March, May, June, August & October start dates
- Complete your degree in as little as 12 months
- Credit hours in concentration vary
Skills & Benefits Union Students Gain
Benefits of designing your own mba
The ability to design your own MBA provides a diverse knowledge base that covers management information systems, leadership and project management, with opportunities to study one or more areas in greater depth. You will gain a greater understanding of various functions and departments within an organization. In addition, you are able to focus on your key areas of interest, and the program will align better with your next career step.
With this broad approach, graduates are in a stronger position to take on leadership roles, understand how departments work together to achieve long-term and short-term goals, learn how to formulate and implement strategic solutions and build confidence in others to spearhead teams and projects.
Start Your MBA, No GMAT REQUIRED
Many institutions require MBA applicants to complete the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). At Union, we recognize that the previous education and experience you bring into the MBA program says more about you than a test score. We’re committed to making higher education more accessible to busy adults like you – so no GMAT is required.
- Official transcripts detailing an earned bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business) with a GPA of 3.0 or greater. If conferred GPA is less than 3.0, transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended must be provided.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) in the major field of study and in all subsequent graduate work. An official transcript with the baccalaureate degree noted from the school(s) attended must be sent directly from the undergraduate school to the admission office. Candidates who do not have a 3.0 GPA may be considered for admittance to the program. Such exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis and may require additional coursework.
- Students enrolled in the MBA program will be required to have two (2) foundation courses at the undergraduate level: General Business (BUS 101) and Accounting or Finance (ACC 235 or ACC 236). Students must have passed with a grade of “B” or better. These courses must be passed prior to beginning the MBA graduate courses and are typically part of undergraduate programs in Business. If students do not have their undergraduate degree in Business, they can take these courses with Union prior to starting the MBA program.
- Students with international transcripts are responsible for obtaining an evaluation of their transcripts through an international evaluation service.
- A personal statement of purpose that describes the applicant’s reasons for applying to the MBA program. The statement of purpose should also demonstrate graduate-level writing skills and command of the English language.
- Two letters of recommendation from people who know the applicant academically or professionally and who can speak to their potential to succeed in graduate study.
- An updated resume demonstrating at least three years of work experience (five or more years is preferred).
- English proficiency is required of all applicants whose first language is not English. Most students fulfill the English requirement by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). At both the graduate and undergraduate levels, our TOEFL requirement is 79 on the Internet-based test. See www.ets.org/toefl and myunion.edu/international-students. Students may also demonstrate English proficiency by successfully completing a valid undergraduate or master’s level degree for which the language of instruction was English.
Funding Your Future
We strive to make college affordable. Explore your financial aid & scholarship options. See what makes Union the smart choice.