Master of Business Administration Masters of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration program is a great way to deepen your knowledge of business and move forward in your career. Along with acquiring a deeper understanding of business and leadership practices across a variety of functions, you will have the opportunity to work on real-world case studies and set up one-on-one coaching sessions with faculty. These sessions and other opportunities are geared toward providing new insights that you can begin applying immediately to your work and professional interests.
- 36 credit hour program
- Full & part-time options
- 100% online – no residency
- January, March, May, June, August & October start dates
- Complete your degree in as little as 12 months
- Credit hours in concentration vary
What is an MBA?
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is designed to develop knowledge of the business concepts and practices required for careers in business and management. Advanced instruction is delivered across a broad range of business-related disciplines – including accounting, ethics, management, marketing and more. Through case studies and other activities based on real-world business situations, students can develop the critical thinking and strategic decision-making skills required to succeed in today’s complex business environment. The Master of Business Administration is the most sought-after graduate degree among U.S. college students.
MBA Program Options Available
Design Your Own MBA
This highly unique MBA program is designed to provide graduates with the skills and knowledge they need to lead and succeed in a variety of professions, industries and organizations. Students of the program have the opportunity to select three courses from any of the master level courses that Union offers (approval of the graduate director and MBA director required). Your success coach will work with you on creating your own specialization and selecting courses, but here are some examples:
Example 1: A student creates a specialization that focuses on technology in the health care field. Courses they would select could include EHR & Information Systems (HCL 506), Health Informatics (HCL 507) and Leveraging Technology (LDR 606).
Example 2: A student creates a specialization that focuses on public health. Courses they would select could include Health Education Resource Development, Grant Writing & Fundraising (HEC 505), Community & Public Health Nutrition (DIET 560) and Social Entrepreneurship (HCL 511).
Specialization in Criminal Justice Management
Law enforcement professionals who earn their MBA in Criminal Justice Management can move through the ranks and achieve positions at an executive level – like police chiefs, prison wardens and directors of law agencies. With this level of education, the student will have a unique set of skills that make them particularly employable as a police executive. Graduates will gain skills in organizational behavior, finance, strategic planning and decision making. On the criminal justice side, the student will learn about police technology, legal issues, managing organizational change and cross-cultural communication. All of these skills are essential in today’s law enforcement community.
Specialization in Organizational Leadership
An MBA with an Organizational Leadership specialization explores the ever-changing global business landscape. Students in this program examine topics such as organizational effectiveness, cross-functional collaboration, corporate social responsibility, organizational behavior and project management. This MBA program offers opportunities for students to fine-tune their leadership and decision-making skills while gaining a range of skills useful in navigating the complexities of the business world.
Specialization in Health Care Leadership
Health Care is one of the fastest growing sectors of the U.S. economy. An MBA with a Health Care Leadership specialization prepares solo entrepreneurs and individuals seeking promotions within complex health care organizations. It exponentially increases management and leadership opportunities for graduates beyond just hospitals and makes them highly marketable to health care-related sectors like insurance, pharmaceuticals, legal services, venture capital and more.
Concentration in Cybersecurity
The need to protect systems and networks from digital attacks has made cybersecurity an in-demand, fast-growing field. Cybersecurity offers high median salaries and job opportunities across a variety of industries. Our MBA program with a concentration in cybersecurity lays the foundation of knowledge that students will require to succeed, advance and lead in this dynamic field.
Skills & Benefits Union Students Gain
What Makes Our Program Unique?
“Our new MBA program, which allows you to design your own specialization, is truly unique. Students in this program will have the ability to select courses from multiple graduate-level programs and create their own specialization. This will allow them to take the classes that interest or benefit them most in their career fields and educational journeys. The MBA is a highly-sought degree that becomes even more valuable when customized to fit your needs.”
RICK CHAFFEE, PhD
BS Business Management Chair | MBA Interim Chair
Start Your MBA, No GMAT REQUIRED
Many institutions require MBA applicants to complete the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). At Union, we recognize that the previous education and experience you bring into the MBA program says more about you than a test score. We’re committed to making higher education more accessible to busy adults like you – so no GMAT is required.
- Official transcripts detailing an earned bachelor’s degree (preferably in Business) with a GPA of 3.0 or greater. If conferred GPA is less than 3.0, transcripts from all universities and/or colleges attended must be provided.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale) in the major field of study and in all subsequent graduate work. An official transcript with the baccalaureate degree noted from the school(s) attended must be sent directly from the undergraduate school to the admission office. Candidates who do not have a 3.0 GPA may be considered for admittance to the program. Such exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis and may require additional coursework.
- Students enrolled in the MBA program will be required to have two (2) foundation courses at the undergraduate level: General Business (BUS 101) and Accounting or Finance (ACC 235 or ACC 236). Students must have passed with a grade of “B” or better. These courses must be passed prior to beginning the MBA graduate courses and are typically part of undergraduate programs in Business. If students do not have their undergraduate degree in Business, they can take these courses with Union prior to starting the MBA program.
- Students with international transcripts are responsible for obtaining an evaluation of their transcripts through an international evaluation service.
- A personal statement of purpose that describes the applicant’s reasons for applying to the MBA program. The statement of purpose should also demonstrate graduate-level writing skills and command of the English language.
- Two letters of recommendation from people who know the applicant academically or professionally and who can speak to their potential to succeed in graduate study.
- An updated resume demonstrating at least three years of work experience (five or more years is preferred).
- English proficiency is required of all applicants whose first language is not English. Most students fulfill the English requirement by taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). At both the graduate and undergraduate levels, our TOEFL requirement is 79 on the Internet-based test. See http://www.ets.org/toefl and https://myunion.edu/international-students/. Students may also demonstrate English proficiency by successfully completing a valid undergraduate or master’s level degree for which the language of instruction was English.
Funding Your Future
We strive to make college affordable. Explore your financial aid & scholarship options. See what makes Union the smart choice.